This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Web Site and Leading with Influence Academy , the owner and provider of this Web Site. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Web Site and any Services or Systems therein.
Thank you for being a part of the Leading with InfluenceTM community!
Discussion Group Etiquette
1. Definitions and Interpretation
We aim to create an open, globally-connected, secure, and trustworthy leadership development experience for everyone. For our global community to be able to exchange, collaborate and engage, we have set up this online community. This online forum is a place to share information and ideas relevant to this mission. While we encourage a lively exchange of ideas and opinions, we ask that you read and respect the code of conduct below.
Please contact the Leading with InfluenceTM Support Team ([email protected]) with questions. Civil dialogue is our priority. We reserve the right to suspend membership to anyone who violates this code of conduct.
Leading with InfluenceTM Academy Engagement and Community Rules
• Treat all users fairly and equally. Stimulate conversation, respect others’ views, and refrain from personal attacks.
• Respect legitimate intellectual property rights, do not plagiarize work, and give credit to the originators of ideas.
• Don’t share the posts of others.
Discussion Group Etiquette
• All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal material is strictly prohibited.
• Discriminatory, hostile, or intimidating messages or language will not be tolerated, whether based on a person’s race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social or economic class, educational level, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, or mental or physical ability.
• The Leading with InfluenceTM Academy strives to create and maintain a community where people of many different backgrounds and cultures are treated respectfully.
• Be mindful and respectful of linguistic background – while the language for online discussions is mostly English (unless otherwise specified), remember not everybody is a native English speaker/writer.
• Keep subject lines concise and clear so members can respond appropriately and easily search the archives.
• Include only relevant portions of the original message in replies.
• Only send a message to the entire community if everyone can benefit from it. Do not send “thank you” and “me too” replies to the entire community.
• Avoid administrative messages, such as "remove me" from the conversation (use the web interface to change your settings).
• If relevant, add “Long Message” to the subject line or at the beginning of the message body.
• Do not spam several conversations with the same message.
• Don’t publicly post commercial messages.
• Use caution when discussing products. The information posted in the community is available for all members to see. Comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
• Please carefully read the items in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
The Leading with InfluenceTM Academy and Community are committed to respecting the privacy of our members and visitors to our site. We do not sell, rent, or share any personally identifiable information shared by visitors or our membership mailing list.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
"Account": means collectively the personal information, Payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
"Content": means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
"Cookie": means a small text file placed on your computer by Leading with Influence Academy Ltd when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site.
"Data": means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
"Leading with Influence Academy": means Leading with Influence Academy, ADDRESS;
"Service": means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Leading with Influence Academy makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
"System": means any online communications infrastructure that Leading with Influence Academy makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
"User" / "Users": means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Leading with Influence Academy and acting in the course of their employment; and
"Website": means the website that you are currently using (www.leadingwithinfluencenow.com) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.yourschool.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- 2.1 name;
- 2.2 date of birth;
- 2.3 job title & profession;
- 2.4 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 2.5 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- 2.6 financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- 2.7 IP address (automatically collected);
- 2.8 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- 2.9 operating system (automatically collected);
- 2.10 a list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- 2.11 Cookie information (see Clause 10 below).
3. Our Use of Data
- 3.1 Any personal Data you submit will be retained by Leading with Influence Academy for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site. Data that you may submit through any communications System that we may provide may be retained for a longer period of up to one year.
- 3.2 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
- 3.3 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security, see Clause 9 below.
- 3.4 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- 3.4.1 internal record keeping;
- 3.4.2 improvement of our products / services;
- 3.4.3 transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- 3.4.4 contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site.
4. Third Party Web Sites and Services
Leading with Influence Academy may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Leading with Influence Academy requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
5. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- 5.1 Leading with Influence Academy may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
- 5.2 In the event that any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
6. Controlling Access to your Data
- 6.1 Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- 6.1.1 use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- 6.1.2 sharing Data with third parties.
7. Your Right to Withhold Information
- 7.1 You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
8. Accessing your own Data
- 8.1 You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
- 8.2 You have the right to ask for a copy of your personal Data on payment of a small fee.
Data security is of great importance to Leading with Influence Academy and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected online.
10. Changes to this Policy
11. Contacting Us
Do not miss!
Access to this content is for subscribers only.